You could probably speak to 100 people and ask what makes a business successful and would probably get 100 different answers. Real success or failure in your life does not depend on your circumstances.
Your success will come because of your courage, your choices and your attitudes. Today I am going to write on attitude.
People that are non-achievers are quick to blame the circumstances; winners overcome their circumstances.Some people complain that they are boxed in without alternatives; winners look for a way to get under, over, around or through what is blocking them!
Some examples of people that could have been failures are:
- Michael Jordan who missed more than 9,000 shots in his career.
- Colonel Sanders secret fried chicken recipe was rejected 1,009 times before a restaurant accepted it
- JR Rowling’s first Harry Potter book was rejected by 12 publishing houses before it was finally accepted
- Lucille Ball was regarded as a failed actress and a B movie star before staring in I Love Lucy. Even her drama teacher told her to try another profession.
- Chris Tomlin, a first class Contemporary Christian musician was told to forget singing when in middle school. He has over 30 million records. He also leads worship. He received Male vocalist of the year in 2006,2007 and in 2008 won a Grammy and a Dove award.
- Walt Disney filed bankruptcy 7 times.
- Bankruptcy was also filed by Abe Lincoln, Henry Ford, Milton Hershey, H.J. Heinz, and Burt Reynolds.
Law of Inertia
The law of inertia says that a body remains at rest tends to stay at rest while a body in motion tends to stay in motion. (Just like the commercial says) That law applies very well to other patterns in our lives. For example:
- People who are successful tend to remain successful.
- People who are happy tend to remain happy.
- People who are respected tend to remain respected
- People who reach their goals tend to go on reaching their goals.
Inertia is controlled by outside forces; but any real change in the direction of our lives take place from inside ourselves. It really is true that you can change your life by altering your attitude.
It really is possible to live your life in a way that shows you are alive. It really is possible to accomplish virtually any worthwhile goal you set for yourself. What attitudes are keeping you from success?
#Attitude #success #Biztips